It’s May and we are still talking about all the web design trends for 2013 that have changed the look of so many websites. Not everything is “new”, there are a few design features making a come back from near extinction, like QR codes, but there are so many more that are just simply creative and awesome.
[learn_more caption=”Click here to learn more”]If you have been surfing the internet looking for that perfect design, that awe inspiring website that you just have to have for your business, then you have surely seen one of the most popular design styles of 2013 – the forever scrolling, bigger than life webpages. What a great clean, simple look for a website. Designers have gone from the “put as much as you can on each page” mentality, to a minimalist design combined with enormous pictures and words on a page that never seems to end. Umm, yes Image2Site is one of those websites too, but of course we like to be in style.
As a side note, I would be remise if I did not note that this is good news for all of that needed our glasses or used zoom when looking at websites. At least for now you can put the glasses down and set the zoom to “actual size”, trust me when I say, you will have no problem reading or seeing these pages.
Top 10 Web Design Trends for 2013
(1) Responsive Design – You don’t need that infamous Mobile website anymore. With a responsive design your website will adapt to all popular devices now and in the future. Using CSS3 websites will display beautifully on desktops, laptops, tablets and Smartphones.
(2) Large Photos – No more 100 x 100 pixel images squeezed into a webpage. Go big or go home is the trend. Super size those images and make a statement about your product or service.
(3) Transparency – Using CSS3 the main content area is made transparent so that a background image can be seen at all times. Talk about branding opportunity. Imagine your logo in front of the visitor no matter what page or where on the page they are.
(4) Minimalism – Along with large pictures and text comes the minimalist design. You need to capture your visitors attention quickly. A landing page that provides minimal but attention grabbing content is the basic idea. This is great for a business that is looking to capture visitor contact information, sell a single product or service, or sign-up for a free trial.
(5) QR Codes – Was just discussing this trend with my Guru of Traffic & SEO. QR codes gained popularity a few years ago with the creation of QR code readers for smartphones. Like many trends it faded quickly, but with QR codes having a strong presence in Europe, they are making a big come back. With the ability to generate QR codes in custom colors and designs, this trend is sure to grow in popularity once again.
(6) Social Media Icons – Social Media is the future with that comes media icons to match your style and website design. With custom colors, shapes, and animation social media icons are taking on a life of their own.
(7) Infinite Scrolling – One Column websites are all the rave. If your ready to go with the hottest trends, then not only do you want BIG pictures, but you want your webpage to scroll forever. Gone are the days of 10 categories or menu items. Put it all out on 1 main page and scroll, scroll scroll. Take a look at our homepage as an example.
(8) Homepage Image Slider – Image sliders have been a growing trend over the last several years. Sliders located at the top of a homepage give the business a opportunity to immediately capture the visitors attention. Whether you are displaying a product, service, giveaway, tour or any other promotion, an image slider is a fabulous way to get the message out. Pictures worth more than thousand words to a business.
(9) Sliding Panels – So you want your website or a specific page to have tabbed sections, no problem. How about we make the pages or content “slide in” when the user clicks the tab? Yup, we can do that. If you use tabs instead of a standard menu, when the tab is clicked, the webpage will slide in, instead of the usual transition of a new page load. If you want to have a page with tabs to separate each topic, product, service or otherwise, you have the tabs slide as well.
(10) Shadows – Again this has been a growing trend over the last 2 years. Shadow boxes are commonly used when displaying images in a photo gallery, but now they are being used to make sliders, menus, and content stand-out buy giving the item depth. You can see an example of this in our Gallery.
In the design studio at Image2Site we are infusing websites with the newest design features and we can do the same for you. Contact us today to discuss your website. Whether you are looking to just update your website, or create a new one we are ready to work with you.
Contact Image2Site today and get started.